Are you one of the millions that play the Supercell hit Clash Royale everyday? If so, you might have noticed a prompt to update your app from the App Store or Play Store with the biggest update yet.
Clash Royale is a card based game where you’re tasked to destroy your opponent’s towers with a wide variety of troops to choose from. It can be played solo or in 2 vs 2 settings, and today Supercell released Epic Quests and new game modes to enhance the great game even more.
- Take on daily and weekly Quests to earn epic rewards
- Rewards include Super Magical and Legendary Chests!
NEW GAME MODES
- Touchdown is a sporty new game mode – without towers – watch the reveal livestream!
- Earn gold and gems by taking down towers during Gold Rush and Gem Rush events
- Now you can chat and have a rematch with your 2v2 teammate
- Mirror Battles give you and your opponent the exact same deck
- Challenges come in more shapes and sizes, and unlock at level 5
In addition to adding quests, and new game modes, Supercell also revamped the Shop to enhance deals of troop cards and is now even giving away a free epic card every Sunday.
I’m already a huge fan of the new Touchdown mode. You’re tasked with trying to get a single troop across the opponent’s goal line, in place of trying to destroy towers. It’s a fun new way to test new strategies while understanding your troops unique skill sets differently.
If you haven’t tried Clash Royale yet, you should really give it a chance. It’s 100% free to play, with absolutely no ads to distract or ruin the game experience. You do have the option of in-app purchases, but that’s completely optional and doesn’t necessarily add to the gaming experience. You’re paired against competitors who have similar leveled troops so in-app purchases never throw off the balance of the game.